CynThoughts

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Shuffle Game

I have noticed several other bloggers lately playing this, and it seems fun. The rules:

1. Open up the music player on your computer.
2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
3. Hit the "shuffle" command.
4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. ...

My list:

No Such Thing - John Mayer
White Flag - Dido
Cochise - Audioslave
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
I Don't Want to Be - Gavin Degraw
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Run - Snow Patrol (Brett, I can hear you laughing!)
Bigger Than My Body - John Mayer
Aerials - System of a Down
Be Like That - 3 Doors Down

As you can see, I'm not terribly diverse... but I'm working on it.

4 Comments:

  • I don't download music to my computer so can't play. Boo-hoo. I can tell you though I'm sure it would have lots of John Mayer, Norah Jones, some old soft rock and with a few rap songs here and there.

    By Blogger Freebird, at 10:43 AM  

  • Call me - Blondi
    Take my Hand - Dido
    Romeo and Juliet Overture - Tchaikovsky
    Budapest by Blimp - Thomas Dolby
    Rocket Queen - Thomas Dolby
    We Built this City - Jefferson Starship
    Hey You - Pink Floyd
    Stay with Me Tonight - The Human League
    Kiss the Dirt - INSX
    What a Wonderful Worlt - Louis Armstrong

    By Blogger gary, at 8:50 AM  

  • At first I thought, this simply would not work for me... I have 12.8 gb's of mp3's and wma's which is about the equivalent of 200 hours of music... Upon careful consideration, I think that if I hit the randomize button about 20 times It should return a fair mix...
    Its 207 hours 45 min and 52 sec to be exact and its categorized into about 12 folders each containing a few gig's of a different genre. So the list looks like this:
    1.ATB – Emotion (Dance)
    2.Lynard Skynard - Gimme Back My Bullets (Classic Rock)
    3.Temptations – Brown Eyed Girl (Oldies)
    4.Olivia – Bizounce (Dirty Uncut) (Hip-Hop/R&B)
    5.Godsmack – Bad Religion – (Rock/Alternative)
    6.Jay Z – Public Service Announcment (Hip-Hop/R&B)
    7.Pink Floyd – The Machine (Classic Rock)
    8.Lasgo – Heaven (Dance)
    9.Nazareth – Love Hurts
    (Classic Rock)
    10.Zombie Nation – Kernkraft 400

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 PM  

  • Okay, I decided to do this from my work laptop (a pitiful Compaq) with about 1Gig of tunes, rather than my beautiful, beloved iMac with roughly 30Gigs...and here's what I came up with:
    1. Purple Rain - Tori Amos
    2. Whatta Man - Salt n Pepa feat. En Vogue (Way fucking embarrassed about thatone )
    3. Little Bit of Time - Brooks
    4. I've changed my # - Plush
    5. Girlfriend is Better - Talking Heads
    6. Braveheart Theme - Enya
    7. The Crimps - The Walkmen
    8. Revenge Wears No Wristwatch - The Walkmen
    9. Song Cry - Jay Z
    10. Tuesday Morning - The Pogues
    I can't wait to do the same from my home computer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home