CynThoughts

Monday, July 12, 2004

Top of the muffin to you

While at the local grocery store this weekend, I purchased some banana nut muffins, mostly becacuse they were being given as samples and they were fresh. When I later offered one to Wayne, he declined because he's "not really into muffins very much." But he offered to eat the top.

This launched an entire debate about whether muffin tops were better than the rest of the muffin (his position) or if it's just as good all the way through (mine). His argument, which is only mildly valid, is that the tops are where all the good stuff is, like the toppings or fruity chunks. The muffins I had in hand had only a few more nuts on top, but were nutty all the way to the bottom, and softer at that part, too. While I thought that this was absurd, he insisted that he's been to several meetings where the tops were eaten from the muffins and the stumps were left for trash.

One of us finally remarked that we were having a Seinfeldian pointless conversation, and it turns out that Google tells me we were. There was a Seinfeld episode where Elaine and Mr. Lippman open a muffin shop that sells only tops. When they give the leftover stumps to the local soup kitchen, they get nothing but complaints. It appears that the homeless don't like the stumps either.

My solution is to get better muffins. If any part of it isn't good, then it's not worth eating.

This whole debate worked out for the best, though. Wayne and I concluded that if we ever have a muffin together, we can both eat our respective parts. That's good enough for me.

6 Comments:

  • You don't have every episode of Seinfeld memorized??? What the heck is wrong with you? I can tell you the complete storyline of any Seinfeld episode after seeing a picture of one scene.
    How do you sleep at night without watching both the 9:30 and 11 pm episodes??

    Wahoo, weird-o.
    Anna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

  • I enjoy the whole muffin experience.

    By Blogger zhsy00001, at 10:21 AM  

  • Anyone want to bet on when Cynthia will make an update?

    By Blogger AnnaBanana, at 1:04 PM  

  • 12 days. 2 weeks? I say that is a sucker bet.

    By Blogger zhsy00001, at 9:45 AM  

  • How else will I keep you all in suspense?

    There will be updates tonight, so stay tuned!

    By Blogger CyndyMW, at 1:20 PM  

  • Top AOL Position was actually the information I was looking for when I found your blog. Top of the muffin to you is certainly a great topic Cynthia... Are you interested in trading links between our sites?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home