CynThoughts

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

William Hung is taking my blog to the ball game!

I try not to become a slave to my site meter, and have made a commitment to myself that I won't (a) check it every day, nor (b) ever change my content based on the results I see there. This is what those in hip-hop (this may be the only reference you ever see to that type of music on my blog) would call "keeping it real."


Posted by Hello

One thing that I couldn't help but notice is that I had 11 visits yesterday from different variations of the search "William Hung" and "Take me out to the ball game." Upon further research, every last one of them was from a different ISP. There were actually eleven people who wanted to hear about William Hung and singing at the ballgame! Yahoo Search seemed to turn up my blog the most often, about which I can't complain. Curious, I followed one of the links to find that he was scheduled to sing America's second National Anthem at a Toronto Bluejays vs. Texas Rangers game on Sunday. This is what people care about. To the Americans' credit, several of the ISPs listed were Canadian.

When will this fad end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home